I NEVER FALL APART, BECAUSE I NEVER FALL TOGETHER
Art Stations Foundation / Poznań / April 2014
- Choreography: Anna Nowicka
- Dramaturgy: Ivona Sijakovic
- Performed by: Anna Nowicka, Pamela Mendez
- Music: Pamela Mendez
- Costumes: Tanja Padan / KISS THE FUTURE
- Lights and space arrangement: Joanna Leśnierowska
- Production: Art Stations Foundation by Grażyna Kulczyk
- Co-production: Instytut Polski, Berlin
- With the support of: Jardin d’Europe / WASP Studios Bukarest, Stowarzyszenie “Tratwa” - CEiIK, Olsztyn Production in Germany: M.I.C.A.
- Premiere: 13.04.2014
- Further performances: 07 – 08.05.2014, Ballhaus Ost, Berlin; 26.06.2015, Malta Festival, Poznań
In her new solo, Anna Nowicka attempts to construct a mobile (movable, mutable) self-portrait that fails to be captured and fixed. In this constant becoming she unveils a rip through which an agglomerate of fragments that define us flows in. Individual and collective memories, beliefs, expectations, lies, dreams, promises, cliches and second hand experiences that shape body as a site of a struggle. A push out of a comfort zone, a search for a change and parade of trust. This performance of instability welcomes an inevitable fall, which brakes the representational pattern and opens the void in which self faces the multitude without desire to grab and hold.